Aluminium alloy break-mandrel blind rivet with a big bearing area in the shape of a flower with four petals. Ideal for applications with plastics or materials with low resistance to pressure.
The Peel Rivet is a break-mandrel blind rivet designed for the fastening, in a fast and simple way, of rigid materials to soft materials or those with low resistance.
The head of the mandrel is provided with edges that longitudinally cut the rivet body on the blind side. The rivet body is divided thus into four petals that bend outwards and come into contact with the material to be fastened, creating a locking head with a big diameter. This large expansion on the blind side distributes the load and the clamping force, reducing the risk of crushing and breaking of materials. Once the riveting process is finished, the head of the mandrel comes off leaving a central hole.
- Single-side access (blind rivet).
- Ideal for the use in applications with soft or low resistance materials (plastics, fiber, wood).
- Allows use in oversized holes.
- Diversity. It is available in a wide range of diameters, from 3.2 mm to 6.4 mm.
- It does not deform surfaces after the riveting process is finished (painted, glazed, etc).
- It covers a wide range of thickness to be riveted, from 0.8 mm to 175 mm.
- Good resistance to changes in temperature.
- Available in alloy magnesium content of 3.5 and 5, which give a great tensile and shear strength, an excellent clamping force and a high resistance to corrosion.
- Fast, simple and high quality assembly.
- To be used with simple, fast and lightweight tools.
Diameters: 3.2 mm, 4.0 mm, 4.8 mm, 5.0 mm and 6.4 mm.
Heads: Dome and Countersunk Heads
It is the most versatile type of head. It provides enough bearing surface to retain all kinds of materials, except those extremely smooth and brittle.
The larger diameter of the head increases the compression resistance, reinforcing the material around the drill. It is the best type of head for materials with low resistance.